Carpet Cleaning Tip For Removing Dog Or Cat Odors So The Carpet Smells Fresh And Clean



I love the warm, soft feel of carpeting under my feet in my house. Keeping it clean and fresh can be a challenge when having one or multiple pets in the house but it can be done. This is what I do to keep my carpets smelling wonderful despite "accidents".

You will need:

A carpet cleaner with a large top water canister/dispenser
Hot tap water
Mr Clean (or some other cleaning product that is a degreaser)
Downy Fabric Softener (or some other fabric softener)
Nature's Miracle Stain & Odor Remover (get at Petco, Petsmart or maybe Walmart)


Fill the top water canister/dispenser half way with hot tap water from the sink. Put 1cup Mr Clean, 1cup Downy and 1 cup of Nature's Miracle in with the water. Fill the rest of the way to the top with tap water but run it VERY SLOWLY or it will cause suds.



Mr Clean cleans the carpet. Pre-treat any spots on the carpet before you begin so that they will come out as you clean.



Nature's Miracle removes stains & odors and it says it prevents pets from staining or marking. Pre-treat obviously soiled areas with a lot of this. It also comes in a spray bottle.




The Downy prevents soap suds as you scrub the floor, makes your carpet soft and smells wonderful!!!

As you clean the carpet, constantly release the fluid mixture onto your carpet till it is very wet. Let it sit for a bit. They go back over it and suck up excess fluid. There is no need to go over it with clear water. In my case, this is all that is needed to fully clean my carpets.


The way I do it to clean about 900 sq ft is I clean a small area, about 1/4th of the 900 sq ft = 225 sq ft. For that 225 sq ft I use the entire container of fluid on it and then suck it up. I then empty the bottom dirty container into the comode. I refill the top container with the above stuff and do it again. I do this 4 times.




Once done, my carpet is clean, soft and smells soooo good! Your's will too.


5 comments:

  1. Using Downey is brilliant! Thanks for the tip!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Sally, .
    I have had the most amazing journey thus far Sally in choosing you to buy my little boy from. I can't express the elation I felt when you choose me as well. I have so appreciated our phone conversations and getting to know you and the love and nurturing you put in to ensuring the quality and health of each puppy is outstanding! I was even more impressed, if that's possible, after visiting your home and meeting my little boy for the first time. I am absolutely in love! Per our several phone conversations I knew how devoted you are to each and every puppy but after meeting each of your own dogs in your home and seeing first hand the warm and loving environment in which these puppies get their first start in life is truly a blessing. Your daily pictures and video of my little boy playing with his sisters are so prescious. It makes me feel like I am experiencing his first few weeks right there with him and this means a lot to me. Your informational blogs you post has totally prepared me to know what to expect, from feeding him to what size and type of cage to buy and everything in between. And I know from our continuous conversations we will have even after I bring my little boy home you will so wisely guide me through any questions, concerns, or problem solving solutions I may have, and of course laughter and chuckles of each new adventurous puppy step my little boy makes. Sally, again I want to thank you for not being a puppy mill breeder but rather a loving and devoted puppy creator of perfection and love in which I saw shine and radiate from each and every one of your puppies. In all of my research, and I researched several, did I expect to find one like you. You are absolutely one of a kind, thank you very much.

    Denise Vallier

    ReplyDelete
  3. I love these cleaning tips and will definitely be using them. What great information.
    Sharon D., Chehalis, WA

    ReplyDelete
  4. Thanks for the information.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Angela Portland OrJune 9, 2023 at 4:44 PM

    Wow! I used natures miracle before. But now I learned something new! Downy causes less suds during cleaning! Thank you for the amazing tips!

    ReplyDelete